Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Most Recent Exploits

Valued readers,

Again it has been too long that I updated, and I apologize. But I am too excited to dwell upon that at this time! I have news so exciting I cannot write it fast enough! Due to a shortage in volunteers, the United States military has decided to enlist the help of old-time prospectors in Afghanistan in its search for Osama bin Laden. Naturally, they turned to me first. Being out of work from the most recent shortage of corn, I was happy to accept the job, as they promised me ten bushels upon my return. I was immediately dispatched to a military base just outside of Isfahan where I got to meet with my squadron. I had no idea at the time, but our first meeting was recorded on one of those fancy image-recording devices! Don't know how they work, but they sure are amazing! If you folks want to see me take control of my squadron and whip them into cornhuskin' shape, then look no further! Just click on the funky words below and you can see me in all of my prospectin' glory.

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/Video.asp?ID=555

That's me! I'm the one in the back with the pickaxe and the pots and pans. I'm happy for all of you corn-lovers to finally be able to put a face with the blog.
But anyway, that is what I have been up to and I again apologize for the delay in writing. I'm being dispatched tomorrow to lead my squadron over the Amu Darya river, through the Koh-e Baba mountains, and past the ol' Mazari Sharif windmill. I'm not sure where we're going; I was only hired for my pathfinding/prospecting abilities. Wish me luck, readers! I will update as soon as I can.

Corn to be wild,

The Prospector

We can climb so high,
I never wanna die,
Corn to be wild.
Corn to be wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment